Monday, March 16, 2009

How to Guide: Changing a roll of toilet paper

Contrary to the popular belief of some people, new rolls of toilet paper do not levitate into place, no, someone actually has to change them. It would be tempting to blame this phenomenon on men, but I have a sneaking suspicion that some women are guilty of being "non-toilet paper roll changers" as well. Here is a simple, pictorial guide to educate those unfamiliar with toilet paper roll changing etiquette:




Lo and behold! an empty toilet paper roll!

Look! some kind person actually went to a store and purchased some new toilet paper.




Hmm....Is this where the roll belongs? This makes for too much grab and drop to be considerate, let's try again.




It would be tempting, I know, at this point to leave the toilet paper roll empty and simply remove the new one, use what you need and then put it back where you found it. But...



The really considerate and proper thing to do would be to take the center bar out of the roll holder, put it in recycling and replace it with a new roll. Ta Da! Now the next person who comes along can easily access their toilet paper and that is a little act of kindness that makes everyone happy.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

You must work in my office! ha ha (don't even get me started on what's sometimes left behind)

Benjamin Ady said...

love it...
and can't wait to USE IT at your house tonight!
i'm just thinking of all the 'how to' guides i would like to write.....
cheers,
megs

Loud Larry said...

W.W.M.W.D.?
(What would Mr. Whipple do?)
I’ll see your sneaking suspicion and raise you two squares. The fairer sex may indeed be guilty more often of this transgression. Brutish man that I am I’ll cop to leaving the seat up on occasion. That said, I cannot tell you how many times I’m left with an empty roll. Guess I could check before things go too far. In fact, I submit that a far worse insult is the roll left with nary a square or two! Who I ask beyond the self imposed two square limit freak Sheryl Crow can accomplish any substantive business with two freaking squares? No need to waste. Simply place the almost finished roll in a convenient bathroom drawer. Then when an appropriate amount of scantly shrouded tissue rolls accumulate, procure them when the next lady who forgets to replace the roll strikes and you’re “good to go”!

Dawn said...

Okay, LMAO at this one!! I have to admit that I am guilty of taking the new toilet paper roll and setting it on top, like picture number 3 was it? Don't know why I'm so lazy. I am however, very particular about how the roll is on--must be flap out, not in!