Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ballerina Movie and Beautiful Movement

I just got through reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog," by Muriel Barbery and Alison Anderson. In this book, the young character, Paloma, is considering committing suicide. She is twelve years of age. She decides that she won't take her own life if the can find a movement that is beautiful and perfect.

Yesterday, I saw the documentary Ballerina with my children. The trailer for this movie can be viewed at http://firstrunfeatures.com/trailers_ballerina.html in the beginning of this trailer a ballerina is rehearsing and her arm movements are the most beautiful movement that I have ever seen. The stillness of the studio with the dancer in the shadows and the children peering through the window to watch her rehearse only add to the effect. Although this arm movement is probably the most beautiful movement I have ever seen, I am unlike Paloma in that I wouldn't stake my life on it.

The entire portion of this part of the movie can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGW90ex9QwA It starts between 34-54 seconds into the video.

2 comments:

snowflake said...

THanks for the links, they were really awesome!

Atul said...

Hi, thanks for sharing such a nice blog.... i was also searching for Ballerina movie to watch then i found a good movie website where i Download Ballerina Movie and watched it,