Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter is Coming

It is that time of year again, Easter is upon us. I like Spring well enough, but not as much as I like Summer and Fall. Spring is less popular with me because of our yard. Things grow VERY rapidly here in the Pacific Northwest, especially the weeds and our yard is no exception. Not being overly fond of yardwork, I find it difficult to make time in the schedule to get out there and get it done. So far this year seems to be a little better. Last Fall we hired the "wonder crew" to prune, cut, rake and get everything ready for winter. Suffice it to say, they did an awesome job and the yard seems to be more manageable with the rain and sun combination that seems so hospitable to weed growth.

Easter is always busy for us. The kids like to do all of the fun traditions like dyeing eggs, egg hunts, and baskets. We have an annual party with friends, the church day seems longer, and then there is the Easter meal. I am so happy to have my in-laws here this year. They are so industrious and my mother-in-law loves to cook. She also loves to ski and we all went up for a family ski day yesterday. It was fun for the kids to ski with a grandparent, a good inspiration as well.

Tonight I am looking forward to going to the X concert with friends. I saw X last year and really enjoyed the show. Normally I don't see bands two times in a row, but seeing great bands up close for very little money has a strong appeal to me. Plus it is always more fun when to go with people who want to be there just as much as you do. Tonight I am not going to focus on how much the band has aged, I am going to focus on the great music and the enjoyment that goes with finanlly getting some time away from home.

Happy Easter!

No comments: