Thursday, June 11, 2009

Drivers, Take a Clue



I spent an enormous amount of time in my car today. Tonight I am so thankful for my friend Deb and her hospitality, great drinks and food and a wonderful backyard to enjoy it all in. This helped to ease the driving stress.

These pictures are taken from the DMV website. I am posting them to remind people that when the light is green, one must yield to oncoming traffic. When there is a green arrow, however, one may turn immediately upon viewing the stopping of oncoming cars. One does not need to sit for minutes on end, holding the rest of us up, in order to view the stopped position of oncoming cars. No, the green arrow really is an indicator that you can turn and right away. Today with all of the driving that I did, I lost count of how many times I had to wait for someone at an intersection stupidly stopped for minutes at a time and wondering what to do with a green arrow. I would love to say that I didn't use my horn, but that would be a lie.


No comments: