Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dress Sizing Your Apartment

I was listening to NPR this morning and I heard a great quote, I think that the commentator said that it was taken from Spy Magazine, circa 1987 (?):

A woman's dress size is inversely proportional to her apartment size. A woman who wears a size 2 dress will have a size 14 apartment and a woman who wears a size 14 dress will have a size 2 apartment

Hmm...true or not true? I would like to believe this to not be true, yet I see more examples around me than I would like that do seem to indicate that it may be so.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This makes me think of fat guys driving Miatas.

Nonickname said...

That is an interesting visual. It seems that society values women when they take up less space and men when they take up more.