Friday, August 21, 2009

Quotable Quotes

The weather in my nook of the country has been up and down and up and down. Sometimes sunny, sometimes sunny and sticky, sometimes rainy, sometimes cloudy, sometimes cloudy, rainy, and sticky all at once and then the surprise sunny again! I haven't been writing lately or tending to my blog or keeping with any routines at all. We have one scant week until our summer ends and school begins. I am not looking forward to early mornings and crabby risings. I am not even looking all that forward to routines. At least in the summer when I am not on the work day routine, I can sometimes sleep in. That will end when school begins.

Humph! so here I sit, pondering which direction I should take this little blog of mine. I have considered doing book reviews. Love to read, I do, but not enough to make it into a review blog. I am devoted pretty much to reading what I like and I think that in order to do quality reviews I would have to stretch myself more than I am willing.

I could review movies, cook my way through a cookbook, rant and rave, review happy hours and restaurants, or spend the year trying new things...I could just continue how I am, in randomness. It suits me for now. Until I get more creative, I will leave you with the following thought:

"Usually terrible things that are done with the excuse that progress requires them are not really progress at all, but just terrible things." -Russell Baker

No comments: