Monday, July 26, 2010

Summary of July

I haven't been to my blog space in so long, I almost don't recognize it. Maybe it is that I needed a break, or maybe I have just not felt like writing much for myself this summer. I am writing for someone else, but that is different, my creativity in regards to writing what I want and when I want to write it has been somewhat sapped as of late.

July has been a month of travel. Nothing fancy, just trips to the mountains and coast. I have done major amounts of reading and spent equally major sums of money at the bookstore. Lately I have been doing a better job of using the public library. It is just that there is so much out there to read and some of it I want to read right away and not deal with the waiting. July has also been a month for friends and I have enjoyed going out with people and seeing some friends that I haven't seen for a long while. The other thing about July is that it is finally summer here and the weather is hot and I have no complaints.

I think that my break is done and I am ready to blog again. It is odd, but I find that I attend better and actually get more accomplished when I take that time to write. It is a bit like therapy for me. What is it about us humans that always seems to make us want to avoid doing what is best for us?

2 comments:

Kristine said...

"What is it about us humans that always seems to make us want to avoid doing what is best for us?" You said it. And, I'm the same, I feel better when I write. And when I work out regularly.

Megs said...

yeah! what is that all about? I am having a every-2nd-friday-writing-day. my first, on friday (!) was really hard to get started, and then i flew for 10 hours...

love you k!
m